In this article, we’ll explore some of the best hacks and tips for cleaning your makeup brushes and makeup sponges, and the best practices for keeping your makeup tools clean and healthy. Whether you’re a makeup pro or a beginner, these tips will help you maintain your makeup tools and keep your skin happy and healthy.
Step by Step Guide for Makeup Brush Cleaning
- Gather your supplies: You will need a gentle cleanser (baby shampoo or brush cleaner), a clean towel, and a bowl or sink of lukewarm water.
- Wet the makeup brush bristles under lukewarm water.
- Put a drop of gentle shampoo or brush cleaner onto your palm or a brush cleaning mat.
- Swirl the brush bristles into the shampoo or cleaner to create a lather.
- Rinse the brush bristles under running water until the water runs clear.
- Gently squeeze out the excess water with a clean towel or paper towel.
- Reshape the brush bristles if needed.
- Lay the makeup brush flat on a clean towel and allow it to air dry completely before using it again.
Make sure not to soak the brush handle, as it can cause damage to the makeup brush. It’s also important to clean your brushes regularly to prevent bacteria buildup and prolong their lifespan.
Step by Step Guide for Makeup Sponge Cleaning
- Wet the sponge under running water.
- Apply a small amount of gentle cleanser to the sponge or your palm.
- Gently massage the sponge against your palm or a silicone cleaning pad until the makeup starts to loosen.
- Rinse the sponge under running water until the water runs clear.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the sponge.
- Place the sponge in a clean, dry place to air dry.
It’s important to clean your makeup sponge regularly to prevent the buildup of bacteria and to ensure that your makeup goes on smoothly. You can clean your sponge after each use or once a week, depending on how often you use it.
How to Store Makeup Sponges and Brushes
To store makeup sponges and brushes, you can use a small container or makeup bag specifically designed for this purpose. According to makeup tools manufacturer‘s guide, make sure to clean your sponges and brushes regularly before storing them to avoid bacteria buildup.
For sponges, allow them to dry completely before placing them in a container to prevent mold growth. Brushes can be stored upright in a cup or holder to maintain their shape. Additionally, avoid overcrowding your storage container or bag to prevent damage to your makeup tools.
How Often Should You Clean Them?
Although there is no foolproof method to this, it is recommended to deeply cleanse your makeup brushes and sponges on a weekly basis if you use them regularly. If it’s not possible, aim to clean them thoroughly at least once every two weeks and use a brush cleanser in between to maintain their cleanliness.
In conclusion, cleaning your makeup brushes and sponges is an essential part of maintaining good hygiene and preserving the quality of your makeup products. With the help of these simple hacks, you can ensure that your brushes and sponges are thoroughly cleaned and free from bacteria and buildup. From using household items like dish soap and olive oil to investing in brush cleaning tools and mats, there are many ways to make the process quick and efficient. By incorporating these tips into your beauty routine, you can keep your makeup tools in top shape and enjoy flawless, healthy-looking skin.